Why is social media important for your business? Social Media is important for your business in this digital age. I would say it is expected that a potential customer will be searching for your business online, before they even go to your premises. If you are not online, is like you are not relevant. Consider Facebook that has more than 1 billion users, YouTube with a billion users and Twitter with 310 million users; this gives you as a small business owner many benefits such as:
- Building your brand
- Creating relationships with customers
- Creating ads and promote your business around the world
- Finding new customers
- Responding to problems related to your products or services
- Personalize customers experience with your product or services
- Help your marketing budgec since it is s free!
Take in mind that if you are going to create a profile in a Social Media Platform, you must use it. Find creative ways to reach your customers and interact with them, You should develop a plan on how you will use social media. For instance,you have to decide how frequent you will post information, what topics are interesting for your customers, and participate. Below are some ideas that you can do:
- How to do videos: decorate a cupcake, recipe, etc.
- About us video
- Picture and information of the Customer of the week
- Customers get to decide about a new menu item
It is very important to create a relationship with your customers. So when they ask questions , you should be ready to answer back. That is why is very important to check your profile(s) daily so you don’t miss out developing a relationship with current customers and potential customers.
Finally, if you decide to create a profile on social media then use it, otherwise don’t create a profile at all.
by Rocio Damato